Lets be honest, procrastination gets the best of all of us. As technology grows and offers us more than ever before, it is no wonder that we find it hard to focus. It is the same here in our offices. So here are three of our favorite mobile apps to aid in getting things done – and hopefully on time.
1. Forest – $0.99 USD
Can’t keep off of your mobile phone? This might be the cure. With this mobile app you can plant a seed in your own personal cyber forest. In the next 30 minutes, this seed will gradually grow into a tree. Further you can eventually grow your own forest. A bit like Sims, a bit like having a Tamagotchi clipped to your phone, however the major difference here is that the forest will strive on neglect. If you exit this game to go onto Facebook or Instagram, your forest will wither away – symbolic of the time you have wasted. So you make the call.
- Simple but very useful app to keep you away from your phone.
- Helps you stay focus and be present when in company with other people.
- Beautiful UI that will get you hooked in no time.
- Every 30 minutes saved on using your phone – whether it’s social media, games or just scrolling through Facebook newsfeed, can be spent on more productive work.
- Helps you develop better working pattern. With no mobile phone to distract, you can give your attention to finishing tasks.
- Might not be a con, but some people might be turned away
Pricing: $0.99 USD
2. 30/30 – free
Setting yourself deadlines? This app is the most handy to do list anyone could ever have. You set up a list of tasks, and a length of time for each of them. When you start the timer, it will tell you when to move on to the next task. Easy.
- Gesture-based interface makes it easy to use.
- Fully customizable task list: label, time, icon and color. So if you are working on a couple of projects you can easily label and group tasks.
- iCloud sync, multiple lists, and create unlimited number of tasks.
- Alert and notification options.
- Only available on iOS
3. Timeful – free
Too much on your plate? Is there a long list of tasks that you just aren’t finding time to get to? Timeful brings everything that competes for your time together into one place – your meetings, events, to-dos, and even good habits you’re looking to develop. Timeful learns from your behaviours, adapts to your schedule, and personalises the recommendations the more you use it. Things such as learning a new language in 10 minutes a day, or calling your parents every once in a while are automatically slotted into gaps that you have in your schedule, so you can continue to be good to your Mother, or Okaasan if you are learning
- Powerful app to help you manage your time better.
- Spend your time better by allocating new projects and learn new things using this smart app.
- Easy to use and maneuver.
- Works with your calendar.
- Useful notifications and alerts to keep you on track.
- Google recently acquired Timeful. That means the development and support of the app can take longer as they are now working with other Google projects.
- Only available in iOS.
Latest posts by James Knapp (see all)
- Welcome to Kami: Google Classroom Integration, Video Annotation, Dictionary, and Equation Editor. - August 14, 2017
- How to Apply a Kami Coupon Code - June 15, 2017
- BOOK YOUR 1:1 KAMI APPOINTMENT AT ISTE 2017 - June 12, 2017